I would like to thank you all for your support in electing me as Your Ward 3 City Councilor. While I have not yet been sworn in yet, I would like to let you know that I am working on the issues that you have brought to my attention.
1. To the voters on Chestnut St.: I have contacted the Building Inspector regarding the burnt house. Yes, as told to me: due to the circumstances of the owner, and suspicions of the Insurance co. about the fire, there is a problem. But the City is pursuing a taking of the property to demolish it. But, due to these circumstances there are some delays. I will be in contact with the law dept., and others to act as quickly as possible.
2. To the voters in the Holland St. area: I have spoken with Community Policing, and will be setting up a meeting with them to review your concerns. In my past life I did work in setting neighborhood associations, Night Out Against Crime, and other related functions; so if any of you have a couple of hours a month to spare to work on these issues contact me to so that we can get together to take corrective actions.
3. To the voters on the Western Ave. corridor. As some of you may know I have attended a couple of the meetings at South Middle School, and will continue to do so. Also, I am making contact with WSU, the Mayor, and with others who may have some additional insights to discuss your concerns and to come up with some reasonable resolutions for them.
4. To the people in the Whitney Park/Orange St. area: I have met with people and am looking into up-grades in the park, and with your neighborhood security issues. Again, if you have a couple of hours a month to spare I would like to meet with some of you to further discuss these concerns.
5. And, as well, to those in the area of Allen Park, I have been talking with some of the people with Grandmother’s Garden, and will be talking with others about issues and concerns with Allen Park.
To the rest of you: there are plans for street improvements to include making corners handicapped accessible, but a concern that I have already voiced is that those homes without sidewalks may not want them as it becomes your responsibility to maintain them, as well the loss of some of your lawns. So to you as well, please contact me as to your thoughts on this. With the focus on the city center for up-grades, the time is now to act while there are resources and before others make decision that effect your lives.
The best and easiest way to contact me is by e-mail at: [email protected] or call me at 642-6945, but I warn you on this one, I have been having some trouble with my phone service I will be talking with Comcast or finding someone with tech skills to help me. Or, write to Brian Hoose, 60 Arnold St.
And, for many of you, when you see me walking Ollie, just stop and talk with me; neither of us bite.
Lastly, as many of you I have limited resources… I would like to set up an informal network of Ward 3 voter taxpayers to
consult with, get your input, and feedback, and advise and assist in making Ward 3 a better place. In my contact with you I know that there are a lot of people in Ward 3 with a lot of smarts. Especially if you have tech skills. So, if you are willing to be contacted or just want to help out let me know. Together we can achieve these goals and it gives me some leverage when working with the rest of the Council, and others.
Again, thank you for your votes, your encouragement and your support….