Huntington family back home after small fire

HUNTINGTON (WWLP) – A family in the Hampshire County community of Huntington is back in their home Saturday night after a small electrical fire. The family is fortunate that more damage wasn’t done.
The fire department was called to the fire at 2 Searle Road because of a fire that started inside a wall. They had to cut a hole in the wall to put the fire out.
Deputy Fire Chief Charles Dazelle told 22News the fire was caused by a short circuit in the electrical outlet.
Electrical fires during cold weather are not uncommon here in western Massachusetts.
The damage was not bad enough to force the family to stay someplace else.

To Top