SOUTHWICK – You don’t have to be a car enthusiast to attend the next Southwick Civic Fund Pop-Up Drive-In movie, but if you are, you may enjoy it even more.
“American Graffiti” will be shown Aug. 14 at The Wick 338 motocross track on Powdermill Road, and Civic Fund founder Joseph Deedy said preferred parking will be given to patrons driving hot rods and classic cars.
There are no pre-event ticket sales and a minimum $20 donation per car is requested.
Gates open at 7 p.m., movie starts at 8:30 p.m. Moolicious Farm will have food concessions.
In keeping with the car theme, D&J’s Hash House on College Highway will have a Car Hop Drive-In special Aug. 14 from 4-7 p.m.
Parking spots are available on a first come, first served basis. Once the lot is full, no more cars will be accepted into the movie area. The Southwick Civic Fund asks attendees to adhere to social distancing guidelines as follows:
- All attendees must be in the car when checking in. No walk-up patrons will be permitted.
- Parking Spaces will be oversized, with roughly six feet between cars. Space will be provided behind each vehicle for lawn chairs, blankets, etc… Please stay in your parking space and not in the six feet between vehicles. No exceptions. Police officers on-site;
- If you plan on leaving your vehicle running, you must turn off any exterior or interior lights on your vehicle so as to not inhibit your neighbors view;
- Patrons may only leave their parking space to use the restrooms or to visit the concession stand. Masks are required when leaving your vehicle;
- Please be respectful to the environment and property owners and take all your trash when you leave! No grills – gas or charcoal. No pop-up tents;
- Parking opens at 7 p.m. Movie starts at 8:30 p.m. All vehicles must exit promptly at the conclusion of the movie;
- No motor homes, RV’s, trailers, etc… cars, SUVs and pickup trucks only;
- If you are in a pick up truck, you are allowed to sit in the back bed of the truck during the movie but all patrons must be seated inside the vehicle when it is moving;
- If you need to leave during the movie, please be aware of your surroundings when driving your vehicle;
- Food concessions are closed by 9:30 p.m.;
- If any animals are accompanying you to this movie, the animal must be leashed and under control at all times.