One injured in kitchen fire

Firefighters prepare to enter the home with large fans to clear the house of smoke. (Photo by Peter Currier)

SOUTHWICK- One person was brought to Baystate Medical Center with burns to their hands Jan. 28 after a grease fire suddenly broke out in a kitchen.

Firefighters responded to the call Tuesday just before 6 p.m. to the fire at 109 Summer Dr. There was notable smoke inside the house but there did not appear to be much damage on the outside. Fire Chief Russ Anderson said there was little damage on the inside besides the smoke. 

Some smoke was seen coming out of the house.

The unidentified man who was burned is expected to be fine. The responding firefighters extinguished the fire and cleared the scene. After about an hour after they had cleared the house of smoke. 

To Top